Many bodybuilders and athletes have a fear that sex will hinder their sports or exercise progress since it uses a fair amount of testosterone. But this is a myth. Actually having frequent sex won’t have any negative influence on your weight-lifting performance. The impact of sex in your bodybuilding goals may surprise you. In fact, your sex life has very much to do with the factors that make muscle gain effective for you. From your hormones, to your energy levels, sex influences muscle gain more than you think.
Here are some positive and negative influences of sex on your muscle gain.
- Testosterone levels: – Sex has a positive effect on bodybuilding because it increases testosterone production. , testosterone is the male hormone that promotes primary male characteristics such as broad shoulders, deeper voice, facial hair, and of course – muscle mass. Since testosterone levels are one of the primary predictors of muscle growth and development, having higher levels in the body will help to induce greater muscle gains. Studies have also demonstrated that when testosterone levels are elevated in the body, it has a positive impact on libido levels. This means frequent sexual activity means a higher sex drive, which can help you to perform better in bed.
- Sex and Zinc:-The more you engage in sex, the higher your libido tends to be, but when you experience an orgasm, you release zinc – the essential mineral needed by your body to naturally produce testosterone. That means that your body will experience a dip in your testosterone levels every time you experience an orgasm.
- Fat Loss: – It’s no secret that sex is equivalent to a cardio workout. Correctly performed Sex can burn a tremendous amount of calories meaning that the reproductive muscles are working and are getting saturated with oxygen and nutrients, which ultimately metabolizes fat around the abdominal area.
- Release Stress:-Stress is also negative to muscular gains. When you are highly stressed out you’ll have cortisol surging through your veins, and this can also counteract muscle gain progress.Sex is the greatest stress relievers of all. It is the glue of the relationship. Sex is a great stress reliever, and with good balance, sex can help you take your mind off of stress and continue working out to achieve better muscle gains.
- Reduced testosterone is harmful – Reduced testosterone will often lead to diminished muscle growth, and eventually a lower sex drive, too. Without properly resupplying zinc lost through sex and your workouts, it is possible to become deficient. To achieve libido and muscle building balance, a diet high in zinc rich foods like oysters, pecans, cashews and more may be appropriate.
- Sex before workout: – When you do engage in sexual activity before training sessions, then this may reduce your ability to push yourself to the max and see progress quickly.
- Sex after workout: – Sex is great but defiantly not after working out because your body when you produces a hormone called testosterone which is the same when you workout while you need to let your body rest. It can cause you to feel tired and weak and you could faint.
- Lost Zinc: – Zinc is one of the major micronutrients necessary for the growth and maintenance of the muscle tissue. After each orgasm the body is going to lose a significant amount of zinc. Replacing this lost zinc will therefore be critical.
Now it is clear from above information that sex doesn’t have harmful effect on muscle gaining. It is said that after sex high of oxytocin is released in our body, and it makes us feel weaker and relaxed for some time. So make sure that you are spreading out exercise and sex by at least five hours, which will allow the body’s hormonal status to return closer to baseline, reducing any negative influences that might be present. As with anything in life, balance is the key. As long as you’re not going to the extreme with either, you’ll find that regular workout enhances your sex life, and regular sex can improves your performance in gym. Also, the men who workout regularly and maintain a good diet are far more likely to be healthy and thus experience fewer sexual problems.