Top 8 Health Benefits Of Eating Watermelon
Despite popular belief that watermelon is made up of only water and sugar, it is considered as a nutrient-dense food, a food that provides a high amount of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants for a low amount of calories. It’s a delicious and refreshing fruit that’s also very good for your health. It’s high in vitamin C, vitamin A, and many healthy plant compounds.
Here are the top 8 health benefits of eating watermelon:
- Asthma prevention: The risks for developing asthma are lower in people who consume a high amount of certain nutrients. One of these nutrients is vitamin C, found in many fruits and vegetables including watermelon.
- High Blood Pressure:The good amount of potassium and magnesium that is present in watermelons is very beneficial in terms of bringing down blood pressure.
- Cancer:Some compounds in watermelon, including cucurbitacin E and lycopene, have been studied for their potential to prevent cancer. Watermelon is an excellent source of the strong antioxidant vitamin C as well as other antioxidants; it can help combat the formation of free radicals known to cause cancer. Lycopene intake has been linked with a decreased risk of prostate cancer prevention and cucurbitacin E has been investigated for its ability to inhibit tumor growth.
- Digestion and regularity:Watermelon contains lots of water and fiber content which helps to prevent constipation and promote regularity for a healthy digestive tract. Fiber provides bulk for your stool while water helps keep your digestive tract moving efficiently.
- Hydration:Watermelon has high water content. This makes it hydrating and helps you feel full. Made up of 92% water and full of important electrolytes, watermelon is a great snack to have on hand during the hot summer months to prevent dehydration.
- Inflammation:Choline is a very important and versatile nutrient in watermelon that aids our body in sleep, muscle movement, learning, and memory. Choline also helps to maintain the structure of cellular membranes, aids in the transmission of nerve impulses, assists in the absorption of fat and reduces chronic inflammation.
- Muscle soreness: Watermelon and its juice have been shown to reduce muscle soreness and improve recovery time following exercise in athletes. Researchers believe that this is likely due to the amino acid L-citrulline contained in watermelon.
- Skin: Watermelon is also great for your skin because it contains vitamin A, a nutrient required for sebum production that keeps hair moisturized. Vitamin A is also necessary for the growth of all bodily tissues, including skin and hair.
Watermelon is a surprisingly healthy fruit. And from the above paragraphs, we have seen the top 8 amazing health benefits of eating watermelon.
BodyBuilding India is a chain of Supplement Stores with presence in 28 cities PAN India as of today. We offer the world’s best supplement brands like Optimum Nutrition, MuscleTech, BSN, IspPure, Dymatize etc. 100% Genuine & authentic supplements are guaranteed at BodyBuilding India Stores.
A good lower ab workout is what a lot of people are looking for. Most people have a tough time building up their lower abs. While there are a variety of exercises that target your lower stomach muscles, the quality of your workouts is key. Do slow repetitions, and...
Is there really a better time to exercise? Will lifting weights make you bulk up? Does muscle really turn to fat when you stop exercising? Do longer workouts mean better results? It can be hard to sort the exercise fact from fiction. There are many myths out there...
While your gym instructor may tell you that using supplements will help you in body building. Supplements available in the market may be helpful, but until you’re nourished internally, no food will help you. Hence, before buying them, it is important to first consume...
What Are Dried Fruits and Nuts? Dried fruits are fruits that are dried either naturally, by drying in the sun, or using specialized dryers. They include raisins, dates, figs, apricots, prunes, sweet lime and kiwis. Nuts or tree-nuts are fruits with a hard shell and...
Running is both an exciting sport and a fantastic way to stay in shape. Running will change your life for the better, you’ll live longer, feel healthier and happier and your only regret will be that you didn’t start sooner. No one can deny that running is good...
Staying healthy this winters isn’t just about avoiding sickness. Running and exercising in cold weather is a double stressor for the body causing a greater increase in nor-epinephrine and cortisol. This translates into immune-depression and decreased ability to fight...