If you want to lose extra weight, then keto diet is the best solution for you. Keto diet has become one of the most popular methods worldwide to drop excess weight and improve health. According to some researches, adopting this low-carb, high-fat diet can result in weight loss in the body and even improve certain health conditions such as type 2 diabetes, cancer, epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease and cognitive decline.
Usually, the lower your carbohydrate intake will be, the easier it would be for you to stay in ketosis. To successfully lose weight in a ketogenic diet, try to avoid foods which are rich in carbs and consume only keto-friendly foods. This article explains what to eat and avoid while following a keto diet.
Foods to Eat in Keto Diet for weight loss-
- Eggs: Buying organic or pastured eggs might be the healthiest option. You can eat eggs boiled, fried in butter, scrambled or as omelets.
- Poultry: Chicken and turkey.
- Fatty fish: Wild-caught salmon, herring and mackerel.
- Meat: Grass-fed beef, venison, pork, organ meats and bison. Unprocessed meats are low carb and keto-friendly, and organic and grass-fed meat might be even healthier.
- Full-fat dairy: Yogurt, butter and cream.
- Full- fat cheese: Cheddar, mozzarella, brie, goat cheese and cream cheese.
- Nuts and seeds: Be careful when using nuts as snacks, as it’s very easy to eat far more than you need, to feel satisfied. Also be aware that cashews are relatively high in carb so, try to avoid them. Macadamia nuts, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, peanuts and flaxseeds are good options.
- Nut butter: Natural peanut, almond and cashew butters.
- Healthy fats: You can also eat delicious high-fat sauces including Bearnaise sauce etc. Coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, coconut butter and sesame oil are also amazing oils for keto diet.
- Avocados: Whole avocados can also be added to almost any meal or snack.
- Non-starchy vegetables: Greens, broccoli, tomatoes, mushrooms and peppers.
- Condiments: Salt, pepper, vinegar, lemon juice, fresh herbs and spices.
Foods to avoid in Keto Diet for weight loss-
- Bread and baked goods: White bread, whole-wheat bread, crackers, cookies, doughnuts and rolls.
- Sweets and sugary foods: Sugar, ice cream, candy, maple syrup, chocolates and coconut sugar.
- Sweetened beverages: Soda, juice, sweetened teas and sports drinks.
- Pasta: Spaghetti and noodles.
- Starchy vegetables: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, corn.
- Beans and legumes: Black beans, chickpeas, lentils and kidney beans.
- Fruit: Citrus fruits, grapes, bananas and pineapple.
- High-carb sauces: Barbecue sauce, sugary salad dressings and dipping sauces.
- Certain alcoholic beverages: Beer and sugary mixed drinks.
A healthy keto-friendly diet should be involved with high-fats, low-carb food choices, and must be restricted with highly processed items and unhealthy fats. Ketogenic beverages choices must be sugar-free. Consider drinking water (best choice for hydration), sparkling water or unsweetened green tea and coffee for better results.
We hope that we have cleared some of your doubts regarding keto diet for weight loss. Happy keto-dieting!
BodyBuilding India is a chain of Supplement Stores with presence in 28 cities PAN India as of today. We offer the worlds best supplement brands like Optimum Nutrition, MuscleTech, BSN, IspPure, Dymatize etc. 100% Genuine & authentic supplements are guaranteed at BodyBuilding India Stores.