Green Beans also known as string bean, “Snap Bean” in the northeastern and western United States, “Emotes” in Mexico and “Haricots Verts” in France. This is the vegetable, which is available throughout the year. It is an excellent source of Vitamins. Green beans of any variety are low in calories and contain good-for-you nutrients such as protein, dietary fiber, calcium and iron.
Here are some important health benefits and nutrition facts of green beans.
1. Prevents Heart Problems- One of the most important benefits of green bean is the improved cardiovascular health. Green Beans are rich in antioxidant which protects the heart from damage and controls the level of fat in the blood. The ingredients present in beans helps in reducing cholesterol which is also the main reason of heart disease.
2. Rich in Nutrients- Green Beans are good source of vitamins and nutrients that is also important for healthy bones and blood clotting. Vitamins A and C, antioxidant vitamins that protect cells against oxidative damage. Vitamins A and C both keep the immune system healthy.
3. Improve your eye health-Green Beans play a major role in preventing any stress to the inner structure of eye. .These naturally occurring chemicals help prevent vision deterioration like macular degeneration.
4. Prevents signs of aging-If you want to look young and evergreen, then green beans are the best option for it. Vitamin A present in green bean helps in providing antioxidants, carotenoids and flavanoids, which prevents the signs of ageing. It also helps in improving the complexion of skin and prevents the occurrence of wrinkles. It makes your skin glow.
5. Cholesterol- If you suffer from high cholesterol levels, then you can certainly reduce it by consuming green beans every single day. Green beans are food items lower in cholesterol levels and also consist of plenty of dietary fiber.
6. Build Strong bones– Green beans are good source of vitamin K- a vitamin that’s required for powerful, balanced bones. Research has shown that diets loaded with vitamin K can easily improve bone strength and density in individuals.
7. Helps in losing weight- Beans can be an excellent option for you if you are trying to shed excess weight and body fat. It has a high fiber content, which makes you feel full for longer. Beans are also very low in calories and are also good for your digestive health. The high fiber content helps regulate bowel movements and provide relief from constipation
8. Keeps diabetes under control-Green beans are a good source of dietary fiber and possess the ability to control the symptoms of diabetes. One study has shown that diabetic patients consumed green beans on a regular basis, the blood sugar, and triglyceride and cholesterol levels reduced significantly.
9. Strengthens the immune system-Antioxidants are beneficial compounds. They eliminate free radicals and prevent various diseases and conditions, including cancer. Green beans promote immunity. They keep your immune system strong and protect your body from illnesses such as cold, cough and flu. Since green beans are full of system boosting antioxidants and flavonoids, it will help you fight several illnesses.
|Calories 44||(183 kJ)|
|Calories from fat 3|
|% Daily Value 1|
|Total Fat||0.4g||< 1%|
|Sat. Fat||< 0.1g||< 1%|